This is an easy introduction into meal prep!
Make this epic tofu scramble on your off day and enjoy the Breakfast Tacos. Use the extra tofu scramble for a quick breakfast or lunch all week. It’s delicious by itself, in a tortilla, or with toast. Mix it up by adding sliced avocado one day and vegan cheese the next.
It heats up great in the microwave!
Let’s get to the ingredients…
- I like organic whole wheat
V-Grits Pimento Cheese
- where to buy: vgrits.com/products
- sub vegan mayo or avocado
- whatever is already in your fridge
1 Scoop Scramble
- make this over the weekend and incorporate it into your breakfast or lunch during the week!
Spicy Mayo (I mixed Just Mayo with Franks Hot Sauce)
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- crumbled with 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder
- a handful baby kale
- spinach, arugula, or watercress would be tasty too
- roasted veggies
- Here’s what I used, but you can use anything you have on hand. Some great options that I didn’t use would be squash, zucchini, asparagus, sweet potato, and jalapeño.
- 1 medium potato
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Cube/dice your potato. Small dice onion and pepper. Slice brussels in half. Leave cherry tomatoes whole. Preheat oven to 425. Toss veggies with oil, salt, and pepper. Cook potato for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring halfway through. Cook brussels, tomatoes, onions, and peppers together for 15 minutes. Your tomatoes will “pop” open, bursting with a sweet, juicy new flavor.
Cook your seasoned tofu in a skillet. Stir together scramble, baby kale, and roasted veggies. Eat it up!